- Perfect for:Â Two adult hands
- Quick:Â Takes 10 to 15 minutes to cast
Whatâ€™s in the kit
- Illustrated Step by Step Instructions
- Moulding Powder 450g
- High Strength Stone Casting Powder 1kg
- Vaseline pouch
- BambooÂ sticks for cleaning/finishing
- Sand paper for finishing touches
- Glass Door Lamp
Whatâ€™s else youâ€™ll need
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Recommended: Thermometer
- Container for hand casting
â€˜A Recipe Like No Otherâ€™
- Create a beautifulÂ priceless memory to preserve your bond forever
- Captures great skin detail and even jewellery!
- Step by step guide helps to make it a simple and enjoyable process
- Non-toxic and skin-safe materials
- Use within 12 months of purchase
Date Night Activity:Enjoy a fun date night with a creative and intimate activity to pass the time. Your finished casting can last longer than any chocolates or roses.
Celebration: Mark a special occasion such as a wedding, family gathering, motherâ€™s or fatherâ€™s day in a special way with our Hand Casting Craft Kit.
Craft Activity: Looking for a craft activity to do with kids this weekend? Our Hand Casting Kit is a versatile craft kit that can be used to make some truly wonderful and unique sculptures. Itâ€™s easy to do and you can customize it further by adding some additional colors.
Instructions of Use
- Take a container/bucket almost 8 inches in diameter and 15 inches or more in height that fits 2 hands easily(exercise by putting both the hands into the empty container) Make sure that both the hands get inside without touching the walls of the container.
- Empty the Moulding powder bag into the container.
- With 450g of moulding powder in the container, put 1400ml cold water in it. (Mild cold)
- Mix the solution with electric hand mixer for better results. Note that mixing time is 30 seconds otherwise the mixture will solidify after that. Make sure you are using a stop watch to measure time.
- Take the VaselineÂ pouch and massage on both the hands so that they are slippery and smooth. This helps both the hands getting out of the container without breaking the rubbery material.Â
- After mixing for 30 seconds put both the hands in the container in a way that you touch the base first and then levitate about an inch from the base.Note that there should be a distance of almost 2 inches between the wrists when putting in. Make sure both the hands does not touch any side of the container including the base. Do not move your hands andÂ let it dry.
- After 2 minutes of putting both the hands in the container, you will feel that it has dried and become a rubbery material. It will also change its color to white. Now that it has dried, slowly move your hands and try to take it out of the container withoutÂ breaking the mould.Â
- Now take another container and fill it with casting powder(1kg). Put 700ml of water in it and mix it with beater/spoon or hand at leastÂ for 2 to 5 minutes till it becomes a paste. Note that water temperature should be mild warm.
- Now pore it inside the mould till it fills both the hands. Shake the container gently so that air bubbles come out from the top.Â
- Let it dry for 10 minutes. After that put a plate or some smooth surface on top of the container and flip it upside down.Â
- Now slide the container upward gently and remove the container.
- Tear the rubbery material keeping in mind that you don’t damage the hand mould inside.Â
- Now use the bamboo sticks to clear the bubbles and rubbery particles where found. Use the sand paper where you find it necessary. Note that excessive use of sand paper will clear out the skin details/texture.Â Â
- For ease, try casting when the child is at sleep. This will help you getting better results.Â
- Now that is complete, you may spray paint the sculpture in any color as you like.Â